JAKARTA (RambuEnergy.com) – Total oil and gas industry M&A deals in the fourth quarter (Q4) 2019 reached US$1.75 billion in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 59.3% over the previous quarter and a drop of 32.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $2.59 billion, the report said.
The UK held a 2.8% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled US$63.54 billion in Q4 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 33 deals during Q4 2019, marking a rise of 17.9% over the previous quarter and a drop of 2.9% over the last four-quarter average.
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 93.4% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas M&A deals stood at US$1.64 billion, against the overall value of US$1.75 billion recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Seplat Petroleum Development Plc’s US$596.68m acquisition of Eland Oil & Gas
- The US$415.6m asset transaction with Stolt-Nielsen by CMB Financial Leasing
- GeoPark Colombia’s US$314m acquisition of Amerisur Resources
- The US$280m asset transaction with Energean Oil & Gas by Neptune Energy Group
- North Star Holdco’s asset transaction with SEACOR Marine Holdings for US$32m.