KrisEnergy says Sakti exploration well drilling reaches total depth target

JAKARTA (rambuenergy.com) – Singapore-based KrisEnergy Ltd, an independent upstream oil and gas company, said that it has completed drilling of the Mustika-1 exploration well in the Sakti production sharing contract (PSC) in the East Java Sea.

Mustika-1 was drilled to a total measured depth of 2,768 feet (844 meters), or 2,667 feet total vertical depth subsea, and encountered gas in the Tuban and Kujung I formations.

It said that initial indications from wireline logs are that the gases have a high carbon dioxide content and therefore are likely to be below the economic threshold for a commercial discovery. The well will be plugged and abandoned and a detailed analysis of the well data and gas samples will be undertaken to review the remaining prospects and leads in the Sakti PSC.

“This is our final exploration well for 2015 with the first five being drilled in the Gulf of Thailand, all of which were successful. The first four wells resulted in the recently approved plan of development for the Rossukon field,” Chris Gibson-Robinson, Director Exploration & Production said.

KrisEnergy was awarded the Sakti PSC in February 2014. The block covers 4,974 sq. km in the East Java Sea over the western margin of the East Java Basin, Bawean Arch and the Muriah Trough.

KrisEnergy holds 95 percent participating interest in the Sakti PSC and the remaining 5 percent is owned by PT Golden Heaven Jaya Ltd.

KrisEnergy is also the operator of the Bulu PSC, which is adjacent to the Sakti PSC and contains the Lengo gas discovery for which the company received approval for its plan of development in December 2014.

Front-end engineering design for the Lengo development was completed in the third quarter of 2015. Gas sales negotiations are ongoing and preparations are underway to tender the contract for engineering, procurement, construction and installation. (*)

Check Also

SKK Migas Chairman Amien Sunaryadi (2nd from right) briefs the press on upstream oil and gas industry performance in 2015 and outlook for 2016.

SKK Migas: Falling oil price forces oil and gas firms to scale down investment

JAKARTA (rambuenergy.com) - The Indonesian Special Task Force for Upstream Oil and Gas Business (SKK ...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>


Warning: file_put_contents() [function.file-put-contents]: Only 0 of 88234 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /home/ramx1288/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php on line 1042

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'ZenCache: failed to write cache file for: `/2015/12/krisenergy-says-sakti-exploration-well-reaches-total-depth-target/`; possible permissions issue (or race condition), please check your cache directory: `/home/ramx1288/public_html/wp-content/cache/zencache/cache`.' in /home/ramx1288/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php:1050 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: zencache\advanced_cache->output_buffer_callback_handler('<!DOCTYPE html>...', 5) #1 /home/ramx1288/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php(3282): ob_end_flush() #2 [internal function]: wp_ob_end_flush_all('') #3 /home/ramx1288/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(496): call_user_func_array('wp_ob_end_flush...', Array) #4 /home/ramx1288/public_html/wp-includes/load.php(613): do_action('shutdown') #5 [internal function]: shutdown_action_hook() #6 {main} thrown in /home/ramx1288/public_html/wp-content/advanced-cache.php on line 1050